pied-beauty

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

This message is for my CSWE Certificate II class. There are a few websites I would like you to have a look at over the next week or so.
Firstly, I would like to set up an email address so that you can contact me and I can contact you out of class.
Please go to www.yahoo.com.au and follow the prompts to set up an email address. You may have to try a few combinations before you find an address that is not taken by someone else in the world. Then send me an introductory message telling me about you and I will reply.
Next I would like you to do a couple of grammar/vocabulary exercises.
Have you ever played HANGMAN? It's lots of fun. Go to www.manythings.org
Click on Alphabetical Listings of the main sections and choose Flash Hangman Games for ESL Students. Choose Parts of the Body and see if you can beat the hangman!!
Okay, our next stop is some grammar. We have been practising Simple Present so I'd like you to try the Headway website. Go to http://www.oup.com/elt/global/products/headway/ Click on the yellow book (Pre Intemediate) and then choose Grammar for Chapter 1. Do both of the exercises.
Some of you fast workers may have time to look at a couple more websites. If you DO have time have a look at the websites below and choose something that appeals to you. However, don't worry if you don't get to them. We still have 7 weeks to go in our term so you will get an opportunity in one of our computer classes.
Some good sites are
www.eslcafe.com - go to Stuff for Students and then Quizzes
www.learnenglish.org.uk - go to Central and then choose Grammar and Test, then Archives and you will discover heaps of grammar games and activities you can do!!
Finally don't forget www.virtualilc.com. We have looked at this site a couple of times in our class so you will already have the username and password to get in. Our next learning outcome will be Writing a Recount (B LO3) so have a look at some of these exercises. Remember to click on CSWE and then Certificates and Learning Outcomes when you have logged on and scroll down to CSWE II.
So, there's no opportunity to be lazy! I look forward to hearing about how you got on and I look forward to getting an email from you.
See you in class
Shirley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home